Saturday, September 24, 2011

Getting lost

Today was pretty uneventful but still enjoyable. I didn't get up and out the door (on my own as Jeff took the day to recuperate) until after lunch time. I went for a couple hour walk where I got rather lost... I knew where town was so I knew I could get back, but being on the road I thought I was, that wasn't happening. I walked through a nice but rather hilly park with a number of different trails, I ended up finding an old Romanian Orthodox church and this old building with a large crucifix in it... I couldn't tell you what it was.

Along my walk I found Baden-Baden's beautiful rose garden; it had gorgeous flowers and pretty statues and shrubbery. I literally stopped and smelled the roses. The whole garden smelt wonderful. Getting lost is sometimes the best thing :) As it was hot and sunny out I continued along on my walk in the shade. The weather is very much like spring or fall at home, cool in the mornings and evenings and warm in the afternoons.

I read this afternoon when I got back and took care of Jeff. We both talked to our families via skype (very neat to hear those familiar voices from so far away). We grabbed some dinner from the place down the road from us, a doner pizza; Jeff is currently seriously doubting that choice... Too late now (as his stomach growls as loud as thunder - no joke!).

Time to hit the hay now that we're all packed and ready to hit the road tomorrow.

I'll update from Heidelberg!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda and Jeff.
    Great to follow you both on your blog. Traveling has its up and downs, frustration and pure pleasure all in one. Nothing like walking completely lost and stumbling onto a sight that is hard to describe. On the other hand finding a place to sleep, eat and yes a W/C when needed can be a challenge. We note that you are off to Heidelberg - very good choice. Take care and enjoy as you go.
    Love you!
    Grandpa and Lidi

    ReplyDelete