Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 2, Part 2: Uphill

So, Jeff and I decided to go for a ´hike´ through town to find this specific church and can you guess what happened? We got lost... sort of. We found a church it just wasn´t the one we were looking for or in the area we thought we were in. We weren´t far off though because we found the church we were orginally looking for on the way back to our hostel but to cough up another six euro to wander around, not today.

By the way, I have to mention that the church we did end up going to had a terrace... 137 steps up... I swear that we were walking uphill in ALL directions, ALL day!! Do you have any idea how many hills there are in Lisbon? The city is actually divided into 7 areas based on large hills but the numerous smaller ones are countless... My legs are going to ache something awful tomorrow; I better start popping my aleve now.

During our exploration of the city (because there really is no other way to explore it than when you´re moderately lost...) we were approached by a man with outstretched hands trying to sell us hash! (Some extra part of marijuana or something... I don´t really know) It wasn´t even the first time someone has offered us on the street, it´s been about 3 or 4 times since yesterday! I threw my hands up and said ´no!´ Thanks ´Just Say No´ ads! lol

As we look to pack up our things for our journey south tomorrow, I must mention that our hostel has been great; a very clean, help-yourself atmosphere, secure, and comfortable... I would definitely come back here.

Right now, the patio (and possibly a cold beer) is calling my name and after all these hours of walking today I could really use a good ´sit´.

I´ll update from Lagos!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time - and getting much exercise as well!!! We are enjoying your posts!

    Keep safe!
    Love Dad (and Mom) (and Andrew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uGGG ITS NOT LETTING ME POST....LETS HOPE THIS WORKS..I AM READING THIS EVERYDAY AND MISSING YOU MORE AND MORE VERY ENVIOUS THAT YOU ARE THERE..THANKS FOR SUCH A GREAT UPDATE WHEN YOU CAN..I CAN REALLY HEAR YOU SPEAKING IN THIS BLOG NAD IT MAKES ME SMILE ALL THE TIME!!!
    GIVE MY BEST TO JEFF AND I LOVE YOU BOTH

    ReplyDelete