Saturday, August 27, 2011

Single Digits

9 days to go! And in approximately 50 minutes, 8 to go, which means just barely a week!

It's kind of hard to believe that we've been counting down for 6 months already (since February when we booked our hostel for Oktoberfest!). It's been a long time coming and the fact that we're now in the single digit count-down is pretty exciting.

I started packing my bag this morning (already an adventure) but so far so good. A friend of ours reminded us of how much of our stuff we're either not going to need, going to throw out when we get there and/or shouldn't pack to begin with. I find it hard to know what I'm going to need because of previous travels (living in Ecuador and Ghana respectively) which meant toilet paper, scissors, band aids, granola bars and feminine products were essential items and extremely hard to come by! I've been reminded that in Europe these items are pretty common place (thank goodness!).

Jeff and I will have to continue packing our bags and systematically removing the excess stuff we don't need. One of things I probably don't need (don't laugh too hard as you read this) is my travel sized first aid book (okay, you can laugh...). I mean, what happens if one of us hurts ourselves? No first aid class from 5+ years ago is going to help me!! But I must remind myself that a little disinfectant, a tensor bandage and some band aids will get me pretty far and anything else can be dealt with at the hospital. lol

I'm sure it'll be fine. As Monday approaches and we hit the 1-week mark, our packing will definitely be taking priority (it is anyway, everything else is pretty much done... aside for getting some shampoo maybe... lol)

Exciting stuff.

Thanks for following my blog thus far, it's been a lot of rambling about preparation; I'm sure you want me to get going as much as I do! There's only so much talking about leaving and packing that we can all take! lol Only 9 days to go though, so, we're nearly there!

No comments:

Post a Comment