Friday, May 4, 2007

Not tomorrow, or the next day, but the NEXT day...

Things are really coming together now, and it's very exciting!

Dad and I went out last night and picked up a couple of memory cards for my camera (now I can take LOTS of pictures without having to worry about space and uploading, and all that). We also picked up some bug spray (hardcore 30% DEET to protect against scary bugs and malaria mosquitoes), batteries (for my mp3 player - helps with homesickness at night when trying to sleep - I found when I was in Ecuador, falling asleep to a little Frank Sinatra put my mind at ease, at least for the first while, and then I found I was so tired I didn't need it!), and we even picked up some duct tape (you can use it for anything!).

I also spent the day packing. I was reminded by a fellow program participant (an Intercordian, as I call them), to be aware of the baggage weight allowances on my airline... 20kg. Trying to weigh my camping backpack on a small home scale was a little difficult, albeit thoroughly entertaining. I've still got quite a few kgs to use, as long as the scale is correct.

I'm having a hard time getting out of bed this morning - it's warm, and comfortable, and soft, and big, and those of you who know me very well know that I love my bed... and I will miss it over the summer. .. a lot.

Oh well, best get up and out today to run a few last minute errands (I need a beach towel yet).

Monday is coming up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment