Sunday, May 6, 2007

Departure tomorrow... TOMORROW!

So... tomorrow's the big day, "departure day". It's nearly here. *deep breath* Tomorrow I'm flying to Ghana... tomorrow, that's, soon... *reflective moment* I still can't believe it.

I'm honestly at a loss for words - I've written 4 different thoughts down and have deleted each one because I can't finish them. I'm feeling too many emotions at once to identify them individually. One second I'm thrilled, and the next second I'm asking what sane person would do this (especially with the lack of information I have)! Excited trumps nerves though, so that's good :)

Today will be spent tying up any loose ends - there aren't many really, I've been really organized and ontop of things - go me.

I'm going to pick up a digital camera for my coordinator in Ghana (he really needs one but doesn't really have access to them because they are so expensive in Ghana, so he's asked me if I would get him one and he'll pay me as soon as I get there - he wants to put pictures on the web about his international school! I'm willing to help out where I can).

Other than that, I'm going to ensure my laundry is done and put away; I'm going to make sure my pile of stuff that's going back to school in the fall is relatively organized and ready to go; I'm going to find my cell phone so my brother can use it this summer without it deactivating on me; I'm going to walk through each room in my house and embrace it (maybe go to bed early - I LOVE my bed); and I'm going to have a nice steak with mom and dad tonight for dinner. Sounds like a good last day to me - productive and reflective.

My best friend is popping over tomorrow morning to say goodbye, it'll be tearful - I'll try and hold it together for the two of us, but if she starts crying so will I, I'm going to miss her a lot.

It's nearly 10am, I better be off to start my day! :)

hmmm... what to have for breakfast... pancakes anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment