Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Home again

Well, we made it home safe and sound but not without issues.

The biggest one being that after getting to the airport (thankfully, after!) the clouds covered Athens and it DOWN-POURED! I'm talking in sheets. The sky darkened and we just couldn't believe the change in weather. The last two weeks have been hot and sunny with blue skies and on the day we leave, downpour. Our flight was delayed two hours because of the rain. We weren't thrilled but what else could we do.

Once we boarded we were told the flight would be 10.5 hours - and it did. Thankfully though it went quite quickly (for me anyway - I watched three movies).

We had arranged a ride home through a drive service before we left so we found our ride and got home around 8pm (3am Greece time). Seeing as we'd been up since 6:30am Greece time, we were pretty exhausted. We grabbed food (customary sub sandwich, lol - funny because after overseas adventures, we (me) always ends up getting a sub upon return), showered and crawled into our SUPER comfy, cool, soft, clean, OWN bed. Oh how I missed it! I was up at 6:30am this morning regardless.

We're now home having done some unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping and picking up our kitty and just trying to stay awake until bed time so that we can get back into routine as soon as possible.

Once I get some pictures uploaded, I'll post the link here.

Thank you for following our adventure!!

I'm glad to be home safe and sound and with loads of great memories :)

Amanda xo

1 comment:

  1. Your means of describing all in this post is genuinely nice, all be able to without difficulty know it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete