Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Eurotrip Fall 2011

I can hardly believe that 4 years ago I would have already been in Ghana for a week... and what a first week it was! I don't think I'll ever forget it. I just re-read all of my blog entries throughout that trip and my heart aches to return to my host family. Pops still emails me and keeps me updated as much as he can but his emails lack a lot of content, although they are full of good wishes!

Now, after 4 years, it is time for my next adventure and this time I'm lucky enough to be traveling with my other-half, Jeff. It's taken approximately 3 years to convince him, but finally the time has come and he's absolutely ready and just as excited as I am for our European adventure. I've never been to Europe!!

South America - Check
Africa - Check
Europe - Soon!

I'm really, REALLY excited to be taking off on another adventure and this one will be quite different from my last two. In Ecuador and in Ghana I had a host family, a "base" if you will, somewhere to return to at the end of the day, somewhere to get food and rest... this Eurotrip is going to be a backpacking adventure! I'm nervous but definitely more excited.

We'll be flying into Lisbon, Portugal in September, spending a couple of days there and then heading to Lagos (Portugal) for four nights...

Check out a beach in Lagos below...



















GORGEOUS!!

Then we'll be flying to either Belgium or Holland (we're still looking at flights!). We'll see both countries before heading into Germany (Oktoberfest!!), Austria, Czech Republic and Italy (flying home from Rome at the end of October).

We'll be gone for 57 days or 8 glorious weeks!! EIGHT WEEKS!! That's a TON considering Jeff initially agreed to 2 weeks... and then he realized how much more time we needed to see what we wanted to see!

There is still lots to do but we've got lots of time to do it.

This week, we need to get Jeff a backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment